Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 50

    Brussels and Lunch with Sohan

    November 2, 2022 in Belgium ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    We were very lucky again today with the weather - blue skies and sunshine - although a little windy. As Sohan is with us for a few days we thought it would be nice to visit the city centre and have lunch.

    We drove to Delta metro and we were very lucky with getting a park immediately.We then caught the metro the rest of the way to the city. There were a few people but it wasn’t too crowded when we arrived. Christmas decorations are all up and would look great at night.

    We walked around the main shopping strips and then headed to the Grand Place, where we took some nice photos with the beautiful blue sky and sunshine making the Grand Place look magnificent. We also went to the covered Galleries where I got Sohan some chocolates from Mary. We then went to see Jeanneke-Pis which didn’t impress Sohan, so we headed to lunch. We returned to our favourite Italian restaurant- Sole d’Italia. We got the table in the window which was lovely and we all ordered pizza. It was a lovely outing.

    Later this afternoon Stéphane and Emma dropped by for a visit. As it is Emma’s birthday tomorrow and we won’t see her I gave her bracelet today, which she really liked. We will hopefully see her on Friday, as the plan is for Brigitte and I to take the kids to the Chocolate Nation in Antwerp.
    Read more