Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 22

    Completing the travel loop

    12 Oktober 2023, Perancis ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    With a pre dawn alarm set we were prepared for a long day.
    Final pack, lift and load (where did all that wine come from?!) Mopped the Lodge on my way out and our final french leg, a journey of 40 minutes in Bobby-Claude to St Malo begins.
    We started this trip with a decent sized playlist and that grew as events were backdropped with songs. If you've been following the rugby you maybe heard this crowd favourite. https://youtu.be/atgEDPX-uX4?si=JQYRS2SWCWnbvH-t
    It's a song from the 1970s that's been picked up by the rugby crowds. Had to do a little research but we found it and it'll forever be the soundtrack tune to our trip.
    As we drove through the misty roads of Brittany we sang along, also commenting that we had arrived in mist, we were heading home in mist with a massive block of perfect, yet unseasonably hot weather wall to wall in the middle.

    Boarding The Bretagne was straight forward and passengers were few. There was no issue getting a space in seating areas or restaurants. Since leaving UK soil we had driven 1996.4km,
    We felt sad leaving port but decided to enjoy the 9 hour crossing as part of the experience. A surprisingly decent lunch followed by a surprisingly deep snooze. No luck on the music bingo I'm sad to report but bingo is a game of luck whereas a quiz requires skill, tenacity and quick thinking. To reward our outstanding victory we got a certificate and a Brittany Ferries sun visor, blue, so automatically mine.
    And now, remember DRIVE ON THE LEFT, DRIVE ON THE LEFT! The sun was setting as we arrived and the sat nav showed a 4 hour drive ahead. We had decided to stopover in Portsmouth on the last ferry journey there and we both said we would rather've just taken the hit and headed home. Our 4 hour journey turned into a much longer and more tiresome one though after the M6 was closed and a detour through Staffordshire was needed. This plus sections of roadworks one after another held us back. Driving in France is an absolute dream compared to this.

    And so, less than an hour into Friday morning, ended an 18.5 hour day of travel. Back home, overnight essentials unpacked, water and bed.
    One more footprint to come x
    Baca selengkapnya