Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 21

    En Route

    21 novembre 2013, Nouvelle-Zélande ⋅ 18 °C

    Blenheim, Marlborough, New Zealand
    Thursday, November 21, 2013

    Thursday 21 November

    Leaving Furneaux Lodge on a clear sunny morning was a wrench, but the journey back to Picton by launch was again a joy, stopping off at various jetties to deliver/ drop off people and packages. There are many beautiful quaint houses clinging to the hillsides, with stupendous views of the Sound. In New Zealand a holiday retreat like this is called a Bach (pronounced like catch). It is apparently short for bachelor establishment and according to our skipper they are historically short of amenities and luxuries! However, that is clearly not always the case by the look of some. Everything has to be brought in by boat and the round trip to shop in Picton will take you a day. The last boat back in the summer is 6pm and 1pm in the winter. Forgetting the milk could be tricky!
    We arrived in Blenheim just in time for lunch at Wairua Winery which is just down the road and the half day wine tour booked for this afternoon. It was good, but nowhere near as good as Hawkes Bay. One of the wineries visited was Framingham, named after the founders home at Framinghan Manor in Norfolk. Small world or what? We are on our own tomorrow and will hit a few of our favourites. To say one is spoiled for choice would be an understatement. There are vines as far as the eye can see backed by statuesque mountain ranges. It is quite a sight.
    I'll update you tomorrow if I can see straight enough to type!
    En savoir plus