Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    A City Day

    August 8, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    After an epic day yesterday, today was set aside for a quiet day to enjoy the city and hotel.
    We explored a couple of (pretty cold) pools on deck 66 and deck 40, with the latter being slightly warmer and welcoming.
    'Blast off. Go up in the Sky!!' - Axel every time we rode the lift up to our room.
    The kids enjoyed the hotel, the view and some play time. After a recharge, we decided to set off on a late afternoon stroll to Southbank for dinner. We set off from the hotel around 5pm, through the Botanic Gardens and over the Goodwill Footbridge.
    This took us through some winding paths, gardens, lagoons and waterways. The kids loved exploring here, the lights, some music and playgrounds.
    As the evening wore on and the kids got tired and hungry, the lessen learned was that the perfect family restaurant is the one that feeds the kids before they turn.
    Despite this, we ended up with a good experience at a place called Ole - a Spanish tapas restaurant.
    Ryland sampled a bit of everything and we finished with some icecream over the road before completing a circuit back to the hotel past the Brisbane sign, past the museum and over the Victoria Bridge.
    It ended up being a rather late one again, the kids in bed 9ish before our last full day ahead to Dreamworld.
    Read more