Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 1

    Lima

    8 April 2018, Peru ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    We had a good sleep!! Our hotel isn’t the fanciest but it serves its purpose.

    We had a great complimentary breakfast this morning. The coffee was quite good and strong. Just what we needed to start today’s adventure.

    After mapping out our route, we ventured off. We were stopped by a young woman who was walking behind us that noticed my Canada flag badge on my backpack. She introduced herself and mentioned that she was from BC. She would be on the G-Adventure tour with us. We walked a little together until we got to the grocery store where we picked up some water and bananas. We are not going to drink the tap water, in case it doesn’t agree with our system. It actually is not drinkable.

    We were then stopped by a man just outside the grocery store who introduced himself and his wife. He was very friendly and gave us some useful tips for Lima as he married a Peruvian woman and has been living here for 5 years. Canadians are so great EH?

    We then continued to walk and walk.....through some sketchy parts of town and some decent parts of town. The highlight of the walk was when someone through a piece of newspaper out the window landing a few feet in front of us. Upon closer observation, it was dog poop wrapped in paper. Hmm. Interesting!!!

    We arrived at our destination San Francisco’s church, took tour of it and of the catacombs underneath. It was much smaller than the catacombs in Paris but still very interesting. You have to be careful not to crape your head or twist your ankle as it has low ceilings and rustic uneven floors.

    We toured around the Lima Centre, but we were both extremely tired from the long walk. We took a cab back to the hotel to freshen up before the group meeting at 6:00lm.

    Tomorrow we fly to Cusco. but we have to be up very early.
    Baca lagi