Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Cusco

    April 9, 2018 in Peru ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    We were expected to be ready this morning at 6:40 am so we were up at 5:00. It was an early morning for sure. Our bus was prepped and ready to take us to the airport.

    Our flight to Cusco was quick. Only an hour and a half. Cusco use to be the capital of Peru many years ago. I am assuming that it changed to Lima because of the coast as it has access to the ocean and is a port city.

    The guide Ellias has been great. His English is good and he is quite funny, making jokes to help the group become more comfortable. He was very thorough with our itinerary and expectations for the remainder of the tour. He got us to our hotel, let us settle in and and took us for a quick city tour to give us pointers and provide as much help as possible.

    Ellias took the group to a Peruvian restaurant where we had the opportunity to try some of the cuisine. Our choices included Causa, a potato type lasagna, alpaca skewers and Coy, which is roasted Guinean pig. I played it safe and ordered a beef dish but Marin was keen on trying the alpaca. I I’d try a bite and it tasted like a mild lamb with some gamey flavour. It was dry but probably overcooked.

    Before eating we had the opportunity to make our own Pisco Sour. I thought for sure be awful. We mixed the pisco, syrup, lime juice and egg white together in a shaker with ice. Shook it like crazy! It was actually quite good. The lime was full of flavour and softening the intense taste of the pisco It would be a great drink to have on a hot summer day lounging by the pool.


    The day hasn’t ended.....more to come!
    Read more