Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 107

    Farm Life Day 1 - Exploring

    July 6, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    A nice lie in today as we settle into life on the farm. We wake up and meet Richard as well as the 4 dogs: Strike- a giant black lab, Molly- a gentle golden lab, Chika - a minature australian shepherd and Gustauff - the little sausage dog. Quite a bunch! There's also 8 cats.. too many to name them all!

    Mary Ann shows us around the farm and we are completely blown away! Mary Ann's daughter Tanya runs an annual autumn festival at the farm every October, complete with pumpkin patch, a corn maze, candy store, gift store, train ride through scarecrow alley, straw jump, nature trail and music festival. Its amazing!! We go for a cruise on the Ranger (the 4WD buggy) down to their private pond. All the dogs jump in so its a fun ride for everyone! Down at the pond there's a little cabin with a fridge full of cold beers! Very handy :-)

    The farm is huge! 160 acres! We drive through some of the pastures, corn, wheat, milo (a type of grain, not the chocolate drink so I was informed) and soy beans.. keeping an eye out for deer, wild turkey and rabbits. Oh and there's a hot tub on the back porch of the house too :-)

    We settle in to a delicious home cooked meal by Richard on the back porch and soak up the beautiful weather and fresh air. A movie night to end the day with some freshly baked cinnamon scrolls.. I think we're going to love it here :-)
    Read more