Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 108

    Farm Life Day 2 - Down to business

    July 7, 2015 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 19 °C

    Keen to earn our keep on the farm we draw up a list of things to help out with.. first job, pruning the trees along the long driveway leading up to the house. We move some hay bales and attach the trailer to the Ranger and get to work. Trav gets a bit carried away and starts sawing away branches the size of tree trunks.

    Not all work and no play though, off to town for lunch at the local bar (the only bar)... Delicious burgers and some very tasty onion rings! A quick detour to Mary Ann and Richards place in town, where we check out Richards impressive car collection, including an off-road Volkswagen buggy, a convertible VW beetle, a Cadellac and a Corvette! Trav is in car heaven.

    Back to the farm for a bit more pruning, before taking the dogs down to the pond for a swim. Strike the giant lab refuses to sit at the back of Ranger so we squeeze all 4 dogs plus both of us at the front. We spot a deer on the way and need to hold Chika and Gustauff back from leaping out of the Ranger in full chase! They find some more deer to chase later so they're happy.

    Home for another delicious home cooked meal and lots of wine.. life is pretty good here!
    Read more