Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 111

    Farm Life Day 5 - Relaxing

    July 10, 2015 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    Our last full day on the farm so we decide to have a relaxing day, starting with the sleep in we've become accustomed to. Maryann cooks us a hearty brunch of bacon, sausage, eggs and waffles. Trav decides we need to get a waffle maker when we get home.

    We take the dogs out on the Ranger to the pond for the last time. Strike squashes everyone as usual on the trip down but we finally managed to convince him to sit in the back on the way back- success! We spend a relaxing afternoon watching the dogs swim in the pond, take the paddle boat out, drink some beers and lie in the shade. Bliss :-) The highlight was when the cows appeared by the fenceline and watching Chika instinctively run in and herd them. The cows are huge and Chika is tiny. 2 of the cows try to retaliate but Chika puts them in their place - good work Chika! (she is officially our favourite)

    Back to the house and we're spoiled once again with a delicious home cooked meal. We end the night with a trip to the drive in cinemas, watching "Minions" and the new Jurassic Park movie. Not great movies but still loads of fun.
    Read more