Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Toro Toro bookings

    October 15, 2017 in Bolivia ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    As soon as we got off at Toro Toro, we looked around the main square and found quite a few hostels. We went to one and were told 50 b$ per person. The room was fine but they didn't have wifi.
    So, we went to Hostal Norte just opposite. They had wifi and a place to wash clothes plus it was just 30 b$ without wifi and 35 b$ per person with wifi included.
    Again we got lucky.. Just at the right time 😁
    We got a private room with shared bathroom. After we told we would stay for 2 days, they charged us b$ 30 pp.
    After keeping our bags, we went to the tourist information center. Of course everything was in Spanish. But, we managed to figure out that there was a fee of 100 b$ (for foreigners) entry fee to the Toro Toro National Park. The entry card is valid for 4 days. One has to go to the NP with a guide only. The tours start at 7:30 am and the cost depends on how many people there are. There is no individual fee but a group charge. So, bigger the group, lesser the cost per person. A minimum of 5 people were required for the tour to start.
    We bought the NP passes and decided to walk around the village.
    Read more