Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    To Llahuar

    November 17, 2017 in Peru ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    We woke up early again. The bus to llahuar was at 7 am. I had some problem with my alarm sound so I barely got the time to check out and pay the bill and reach the bus at the main square at 6:57 am. Hristo had got ready a bit earlier so he was already there having had his breakfast.
    The bus set of in a totally opposite direction than the one we had been going for the last 2-3 days. The views were equally good in this direction.
    Llahuar is down in the canyon and has natural hot springs there. There is only 1 bus per day going from Cabanaconde to Tapay that stops near Llahuar. From the bus stop the hot springs are about 1.5 kms down to the river below.
    The same bus goes all the way to Tapay at the end of the road and then returns around 12 pm to the same spot on the way back to Cabanaconde. The route is hardly used by any other vehicle so if one misses the bus, its a wait for another day to come back.
    The plan was to go to the hot springs and stay overnight if it was good, else leave back to Cabanaconde by the afternoon bus and from there on, take the bus to Arequipa.
    Read more