Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 50

    Arequipa

    November 18, 2017 in Peru ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    We reached Arequipa after dark and decided to find a place near the bus station to sleep as soon as possible. There's not much to do in Arequipa so the plan was to sleep till late, go around the town center half a day and then proceed to Arica in Chile by the night bus.
    We woke up at around 10 am. After freshening up and having a quick breakfast meal in a nearby canteen, we went to the bus station to check the buses to Arica. The bus station like the others in Peru, was a buzz of activities. There were lots of counters selling bus tickets to everywhere in the country. There were sellers and sub-contractors all shouting different destinations trying to attract customers. After a while, we figured that there was no direct bus to Arica. We'll have to go to the border town of Tacna and from there take the bus into Chile. There were quite many buses going to Tacna so we didn't book any tickets and decided to go to the town center and then just take the next available bus when we come back.
    We checked out of the hotel, left our bags there and went to the town center. There, we gave our clothes for laundry and then stopped by at a lovely cafe with nice decorations and fantastic cakes and juices.
    Read more