Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 51

    To Chile

    November 19, 2017 in Peru ⋅ 🌙 12 °C

    After having enjoyed the views from The Balcony, we realized it was already about 7 pm. We went and picked up our laundry which was done by now. Then we had our dinner at one of the American/international corner for a change. It was almost 8:30 pm by now, but we decided to walk the 3 kms back to the bus stop since we knew there were buses to Tacna till 10:30 pm.
    Back near the bus stop, we picked up our bags from the hostel and caught the next bus to Tacna at 9:30 pm.
    We reached Tacna at 4 am. Here we found out that the bus terminal for buses to Arica was just a few meters away. We walked over there and tried to figure out what time the buses would leave for Arica. There were a lot of touts selling tickets for collective vans for S/ 20 per person. They all were telling that the buses would start at 6 am. Hristo went around to check out if there were other options. The guard at one of the exits told him that there was a bus at 5 am and it would cost us S/ 12 per person.
    We decided to wait for it. As was informed, there was a bus for Arica at 5 am and all the locals were on it. We too got on and soon the bus was off towards Chile border.
    Read more