Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 62

    Planning for the next 5 days

    November 30, 2017 in Chile ⋅ 🌙 12 °C

    We woke up around 8 am, got ready and then changed our hostel to Hostel Hara. It was 2000 CLP cheaper at 34000 CLP per night amd had excellent wifi. The room too was bigger and generally, it had much better space and facilities. Plus they had breakfast also included in the price. After that, we went to the Europcar office to enquire about the car rental. They didn't have any vehicles till Sunday (3rd Dec) except one for 1 day for 1st Dec. We were to be in San Pedro de Atacama till 4th Dec, so we decided to plan what to do over breakfast.
    We had the option to rent a car on 1 and 4 Dec and do the tours on 2 and 3 Dec and half of 30 Nov OR book tours for tge full duration. We figured it would be a bit complicated with multiple rentals and refilling every time etc. So we decided to go for the tours for all the days. That would cost us 160000 CLP per head for all the days after all the discounts etc that we had negotiated with the cheapest tour operator. We decided to go the Towanda tours and book the tours so we could start right from the afternoon with one of the half day tours.
    Read more