Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 67

    Into Argentina

    December 5, 2017 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Our passage into Argentina was via the Paso de Jama, a high altitude pass between Chile and Argentina. The crossing took us about 45 min at the checkpoint. At the entrance of the check post, we received a paper where the guard noted down our vehicle number. Both the Chilean and Argentinian officers were sitting in the same building with counters next to each other. We got out Chile exit stamp, Argentina entry stamps on our passports here. Besides these, there was vehicle verification stamp, vehicle insurance check stamp and 2 more stamps on the paper we had received. By the time, we came out, we had 6 multi colored stamps on the small paper we had received. This paper we handed over to the guard at the other side of the border and we were let through.
    Amazing bureaucracy. Reminded me of India 😉

    By now, it was about 6 pm. A few kms from the border we saw a board for Tourist Information in the middle of nowhere. It also said food available. We had not had our lunch so we decided to stop and get some food.
    Hristo went inside the compound to check it out. Everything was locked and closed. There was a tent in the middle of the compound from which a guy came out and told that he was camping there and that he had not seen anyone there in the past more than 3 hours. We decided to go on and see if we could find some food further down the road.
    Read more