Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 71

    Camping at Angastaco

    December 9, 2017 in Argentina ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    We reached Angastaco village by around 8:40 pm. It was quite dark by now. The petrol pump was at the start of the village and it turned out to be a small one. We refueled a bit here. There was an open space next to the petrol pump and when we asked there if we could park our can and camp tgere, they didn't have a problem with it. Tgey would also let us use the toilet during working hours but they didn't have a shower. We decided to drive on into the village for food and then come back here for the night.
    There we found a restaurant right on the main square next to the church. While waiting for the meal, Hristo who was looking up Maps.me, found a municipality camping place just a 100 mts away. He went to check and was back in about 10 min. The camping was there alright and they had toilets and showers and everything included would be 25 ARS per person. The only issue was, there was a concert stage inside tge camp and a concert was going on there. We decided to check it after dinner.
    When we went to the camp after dinner, there was no one at the entrance. We drove in and parked. The concert was going on and there was a lot of loud music. We drove around the toilet building to reduce the noise and parked there. There were sinks there behind the building but the toilets and showers were locked. A storm had been coming in and there had been a lot of thunder and lightning and some rain had started falling. We decided to sleep here for the night. The earplugs worked very well and we slept good.
    In the morning, we woke up early and freshened up at the toilets near the concert hall. There was still no one at the entrance so we drove off. Even the village was asleep at 8 am, so even the restaurant was closed. We decided not to wait at the village and to drive off and have our breakfast somewhere on the way.
    Read more