Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 75

    Santiago to Easter Island

    December 13, 2017 in Chile ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Our flight to Easter Island was scheduled to depart at 6:45 am. So we had ordered the free airport shuttle at 5 am. We were up and ready for breakfast at 4:30 am. We had a quick meal amd were dropped at the airport at 5:15 am.
    The journey was of about 5 hours and we were supposed to land at 10:30 am (with 2 time zones difference). At the takeoff, the pilot announced that we would reach 45 min before time at 9:45 am.
    We landed on time and decided to take our bags and walk outdoors of the airport to find a place to stay. Just near the gate we found a small kiosk where the guy was advertising about his camping. A room for 2 was 22000 CLP per night and if we stayed there, we would get car to rent at 35000 CLP for a day, instead of 50000 CLP. He also told of other places where we could get discounts if we booked through him. We were a bit skeptical about it initially but the room price was way lower than what we had expected and found on Easter Island. Even the pictures of the room were quite good.
    We decided to go with him. The airport transfers were also included in the price.
    Read more