Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 85

    Shopping for lost stuff again

    December 23, 2017 in Chile ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    The flight bookings didn't go as smoothly as we thought it would. There were 3 seats available for 200 sek while if we tried to book for 4, we were getting a price of 700 sek per person. We decided to do 3+1 booking. But, the question was, would it be beneficial to have me as the +1 ticket or part of the 3 tickets. Traveling as the only ticket, I might be in the business class so they might be a bit liberal with me not having a passport and just having the police paper. While, the flip side was that if they were not ok with it, then it would be easier to cancel one ticket than cancel one from a ticket of three. In the end, we decided to pit me among the three ticket.
    By the time we managed to get to the end of the booking it seemed that someone else had booked in the meantime so the payments didn't go through. When we checked, we found that only one ticket had gone so we decided to do a 2+2 booking. We managed to to get 2 tickets at about 200 sek per person but the tickets never arrived on the email id. In the meantime, we decided to do the other 2 bookings. These too went through at about 700 sek per person. By this time, the 1st 2 tickets had come in the email. We figured there were some delays in the mail server and hoped that the other 2 tickets would come too.

    The rest of the day Melinda and I went to the mall again to try and find the filter water bottle for both of us. After searching in and around the mall for more than 4 hours, we gave up and bought the one and only filter we had found there. It was not a filter bottle but just a filter for any kind of water with similar specs as the filter in the bottle.
    After that, we had some food, a frozen yogurt and then walked back 4 kms to the hotel. We slept off around 11 pm since we had a morning flight the next day.
    Read more