Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 93

    Fun on the beach

    December 31, 2017 in Chile ⋅ ☁️ -3 °C

    After we came back from the boat trip, I went to the office to pay for the ride. Marcus, the guy at the counter was very helpful when I enquired about what else we could do on Chiloé island. He was a treasure trove of local information and while we walked to the restaurant nearby to make the payment by card, he had given a full list of amazing things and places we could visit. On his recommendation, we had our lunch at the restaurant on the beach and tried some of the dishes he recommended. The food was awesome and the views of the beach from the balcony where we sat, were fabulous.
    Melinda was highly impressed with the guy so Maria tried to set her up with him 😄😄 After a few minutes of friendly banter, we started walking along the beach. At the starting end, there is a portal kind of lava rock formation. We walked around there for a while and then started walking towards the other end of the beach. There were many small streams crossing the beach. At one of the places, we stopped and drew our New Year wishes to the rest of the group. It was 5 pm in Chile and many in the gang in Europe were already heading out for the celebrations.
    Read more