Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 101

    Futaleufú

    January 8, 2018 in Chile ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    We reached the other end of the Lago Yelcho at La Cabañas at around 9:15 pm. Tge people in the navy boat had reached 15 min before us. The connecting bus had still been there. They had even requested the bus driver to wait for us as we were just behind them but he had left just 10 min before we arrived.
    So, with nothing to takes us the 60 kms, we were totally dependent on the Chilean person who had someone coming to pick them. They had an SUV for 5 people and luggage while we were 9 of us with our one big bag and one small bag each. The brother's friend who had come to pick up the Chilean guy and his friends agreed to fit us all in the vehicle. We managed to squeeze ourselves and our bags in every open space with people sitting on each other and bags and things under and besides every place available. It took us about an hour to reach there. On the way, Melinda had a claustrophobic panic again like she had in India so we had to stop for a while for her to catch her breath. Eventually, we reached Futaleufú by 10:30 pm. The fantastic people dropped us at the main square and told us some options where we could find a place to stay. Melinda and I waited at the main square while Hristo and Maria went around to find a place to stay. It took them almost 40 min before they returned after having checked about 15 places. Finally, they had found a guest house with 2 rooms in an old lady's place. We carried our bags there and then immediately went out to find a place to eat. Most restaurants were closed at this hour but we found one that was open and taking the last order of the day. We ate there and went back to our place (Hostel Cañete) by around midnight.
    Read more