Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 113

    La Casona

    January 20, 2018 in Chile ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    We woke up around 10 am the next morning feeling quite refreshed. We wanted to start the trek of Cerro Castillo before 12 pm when we had heard they stop the entries for the day. It was a lovely sunny morning with hardly a cloud in the sky. We could see tge granite peaks of Cerro Castillo, which boaded well for our trek plans. La Casona where we had been very lucky to find a place the previous night was a lovely cozy place in a very scenic location. It was a beautiful wooden villa run by a single lady. She had some cabañas and was also running a restaurant there.
    We had paid 20000 CLP per person for one night, making it a total of 80000 CLP which was double than what we had paid in most places but then we didn't have a choice the previous night and we had been very lucky to find this place. The breakfast was included so we didn't have to go anywhere else to find food before the trek. It was during breakfast that we found that they had cabañas as well and were costing 45000 CLP for the 4 of us. It was a nice cozy cottage within the same compound and as we were expecting to come back exhausted after a day long trek, we decided to stay one more night there but moved to the cabaña.
    Read more