Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 115

    Los Antiguos, Argentina

    January 22, 2018 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    After the border, we didn't have a problem taking a ride since now we were already inside the country. We got a lift in a small electric truck and the driver dropped us right at the bus station in Los Antiguos some 4 kms away. The bus station was decked up for Christmas even a month later 🙄 There was a Christmas tree made of upturned bottles and there were Christmas cutouts and buntings inside the main hall.
    We went around and compared the prices. There were direct buses to El Chalten our intended destination. There were 2 bus operators going there directly. We decided to go with Chaltentravels since they had a combo ticket to El Chalten and an additional one to El Calafate that we could use after as many days as we wanted, all for 1300 ARS. Since we anyways had to go to El Calafate later, this would work out much cheaper as the individual tickets were totalling to 1800 ARS. The bus was at 8 pm which was perfect, since that way we could go to the town and have our food before we left. We walked about 1.5 kms back into the town where the restaurants were. Quite a few houses here were made of wood and were quite artistic. The restaurant where we ate seemed to have a Charlie Chapelin theme and the food was quite good but expensive as we had figured out from our earlier entries in Argentina.
    Read more