Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 121

    Mirador Curva De los Suspiros

    January 28, 2018 in Argentina ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Around 10:30 am we reached the entrance of the national park. We paid the criminally high entry fee of 500 ARS per person in cash.
    Argentina is one of those countries that are hell bent on killing the golden goose. Every transaction happens only in cash and to get the cash the ATMs charge a pretty high withdrawal fee per transaction and above that, the max one can withdraw in one transaction is a measly 1500 ARS (approx). So, do whatever you can, you are gonna get ripped one way or the other.
    The Southern arm of the Lago Argentino on this part of the route is much less blue in color and is more whitish. This is mainly due to this smaller section of the lake being walled off from the rest of the lake by the glacier tongue and a higher concentration of the minerals than the glacial slime.

    Our 1st stop was at Mirador Curva De los Suspiros (The viewpoint - Curve of the Sighs). Here it is pretty obvious why the place has this name. Its the 1st sight of the impressive glacier wall that forms the Perito Moreno. One can only stare and sigh at the impressive sight. From this viewpoint, we could see the Southern wall of the glacier. We stopped here for a few minutes. It was quite windy and the air coming off the glacial ice was piercing. The sight though, was worth every moment.
    Read more