Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 128

    Back to Cartagena

    February 4, 2018 in Colombia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    After the dip in the lake we went back to the shack where they had our stuff in the lockers. Here, we were supposed to have a shower to wash off the last of the muck from us but the shower was just a trickle and not of much use. I heard one of the lady running the shack tell a Japanese tourist with us that he needed to pay 4000 COP for the storage and shower services. I informed Hristo about it. This was ridiculous again, since we had paid quite a good sum to the tour operator and we resolved not to pay anything extra. So, when the lady with the tour van came, we told her we won't be paying anything extra since we had been told everything was included. She was fine with that and didn't want anything extra from us. After we changed and came out, she came with a try of watermelons. We were so used to people trying to fleece us that our first reaction was "Is this included or extra" 🤣🤣🤣 She assured us that it was included, so we had some refreshing bites of it.
    After that, our van brought us back to Cartagena and dropped us off a km or so away from our hostel. This was a part of Getsemani that we had not explored before, so we walked around looking around at the buildings. There were people sitting outside on chairs and others dancing with loudspeakers blaring music.
    Read more