Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 141

    Catedral de la Santa Cruz, San Gil

    February 17, 2018 in Colombia ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    We went around the main square trying to find operators who could offer the different activities San Gil is famous for. We couldn't find any conspicuous ones which surprised us since the town is famous for outdoor activities only, but you can't really do those activities without a proper equipment and an operator organizing the activity. We looked up on our offline maps on Maps.me and found 3 of them near the main square. We went to all of them one by one but couldn't make up our mind since there was only one who we felt had all the information we needed, but this one wanted the full payment for all the activities in cash. Our hostel too had pinups with the different activities and their prices, so we decided to go back and check there before finalizing.
    Right on the main square was the Catedral de la Santa Cruz, we decided to go in and have a look before going back. It was a beautiful cathedral and this building along with the main square reminded us the main square and cathedrals in Cusco, Peru. Here too, there were graves that were not below the ground but above the ground in chests in walls.
    Read more