Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Reunion with Boris

    June 3, 2019 in Slovenia ⋅ ☀️ 75 °F

    We were very lazy today, after our busy weekend. We slept in, then met Myj's cousin Boris Pleskovic for lunch. His mother and Myj's mother were first cousins. Myj met Boris in 1974 when she visited Slovenia. Then he visited her family in Oregon before beginning his Master's program at Harvard (and then he went on to earn a doctorate at MIT). Boris has had an illustrious career in the meanwhile. He was the Director of Research for the World Bank in New York for 30 years, then returned to Slovenia in the 90s when Slovenia gained independence, serving as a key advisor to the Prime Minister. His "retirement," job is as President of the Slovenian World Congress.
    We had an excellent lunch and lively conversation sharing remembrances of our visits to each other's homes in the 70s, and catching up on our experiences since then. His are a bit more impressive than ours! Nevertheless, he is still charming and we had a wonderful time.
    The rest of our day included a nap, a bit of laundry, catching up on travel posts and a walk along the river studying all the restaurants before selecting one for dinner.
    Read more