Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Caminha to Vigo

    September 26, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Two days ago I was King on a recliner at the pool, today I am a bum on a bench in a busy port city.

    This morning the fog rolled into the estuary. The bridge is gone, the ferry is broken, and so is the Portuguese government, incapable of fixing anything. But there is a funky little boat, the peregrino taxi boat taking 5 at a time across the 2km stretch of water. In the fog we couldn't see any land at all, lost at sea? Have trust in the captain, he knows the way. Suddenly we land on a sandy beach trudge ashore and find the boardwalk that leads through the Atlantic pine forest.

    This section of coast is absolutely gorgeous, just this part is worth doing the entire Camino Portugues for. But the rest isn't bad either, even entering the huge port city of Vigo has been made as good as it can be.

    Baionne is a resort city, but it is dominated by an impressive fort surrounded by 3km of defensible walls, I can't even imagine the building of it.

    I'm just about 2/3s done with this Camino and tomorrow is a rest day. It's time. I'm getting on a boat.

    Tonight is chill time. Read some and go to bed early.
    Read more