Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 17

    Hanging in the Hunter

    4 maart 2019, Australië ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Working ourselves up to taste some more wine, we first stopped for a coffee (Steve), hot choc (Jen) & excellent banana & walnut bread at Cafe Enzo in the PepperTree Village. There’s a collection of businesses in the village as well as a wedding chapel and reception ‘barn’. No wine purchased (yet!) but did boost the local economy with some purchases at the Providore and Alpaca Barn.

    Next stop - Andrew Thomas wines; chosen because they specialise in Semillon and Shiraz. Spent a good hour there with Brooke learning about the different soils in the valley and their effect on the wine. Both Brooke and Ken (Hanging Tree) recommended Hart & Hunter so... Like at Thomas wines, we were the only ones at H&H. Another hour spent, this time with Daniel, learning more about wine. Now we know more than just how to drink it...

    More supplies bought. Now, how to fit a cellar in the campervan???

    A dip in the pool, a chat with a “bloke” who was about to do the 6 day Ténéré Tragics moto-cross ride from the Hunter to Thredbo via every dirt road to be found (we’d seen some of them wearing the T-shirts in the pub the night before and wondered), and sausages in bread for dinner rounded out the day perfectly.

    WILDLIFE
    Meer informatie