Satellite
Show on map
  • Six Months and Counting

    February 20, 2023 in Australia

    There is something especially significant about the six month countdown to departure. For this trip it is even more exciting, since it had been postponed multiple times due to Covid 19.

    But here we are. In just six months time our team will be forming in Amsterdam and the adventure will finally be beginning. By now all the major components of the trip are finalised, and it is only the minor parts remaining to be sorted out.

    Our biggest concern is now the health of our team members. At this point in time we have one rider recovering after recent surgery, another facing treatment and yet another suffering from a serious shingles infection. My main wish is that every one of the riders is in good health when we finally get underway. I certainly don't want any more medical situations in the next six months.

    The next main event for our team is a special lunch on Friday March 17th. This will be the first time all our Melbourne based participants will be able to be in the same place at the same time. It will be a good chance to share advice and travel stories from previous trips.

    In late April we have a week long cycling trip to the Surf Coast Region of Victoria. That will be a good dress rehearsal for Europe and a chance for our riders to assess their ability to ride on a string of consecutive days.

    And the number of sleeps ? I think it must now be about 179.
    Read more