Satellite
Show on map
  • Another Adventure Awaits

    April 22, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    The packing is almost done. Well not quite almost. It might be more accurate to say that the packing has begun (sort of).

    Somehow Maggie and I have managed to spread cycling gear, clothing, food, toiletries, underwear and clothing from one end of the house to the other. For some reason this stage of utter chaos seems to precede every extended trip, so I guess this one should not be any exception.

    When we finally manage to cram all the assorted stuff into a couple of cases, and then jam those cases into the car, then we can tackle the task of loading the bikes onto the bike carrier. Our plan is to complete all the packing tonight so that we can get underway very early tomorrow morning.

    Although it might not seem like it at the moment, I am sure that everything will finally its correct place and we will be able to look forward to another amazing cycling experience.

    Our first ride will be the Bellarine Rail Trail, from Queenscliff to the outskirts of Geelong. While we could have just driven to Queenscliff, most of the group have decided to start with an overseas voyage on the Sorrento to Queenscliff Ferry.

    Once we arrive at Queenscliff, we will park the cars in Queenscliff and set off on the ride. The forecast is looking very promising at this stage, so we are confident that we will be able to complete at least one ride without getting soaked.
    Read more