Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4 - Rest Day in Warrnambool

    April 26, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    Day 4 - Free Day

    Today was our designated "free day" for this adventure. I have learnt the great importance of these free days from my experiences both overseas and in Australia. I am starting to think that future trips might just consist of mostly free days, with the occasional cycling day thrown in to keep us honest.

    Today we decided to lash out and have breakfast in one of the cafes in Warrnambool. It was a welcome break from juggling packets of cereal and long life milk in our motel room.

    The women then decided to spend some time doing shopping therapy. I took the opportunity to head down to the waterside to explore the impressive breakwater. Once again, the weather was superb, however the forecast is now threatening that the run of fine and warm days is about to come to a sudden end. Oh well, that is the way it goes.

    We all then headed back to Port Fairy to spend some more time exploring this absolutely beautiful little town. By the time we walked to the lighthouse, it was actually getting unpleasantly hot in the sun. Most of us also noted that our legs were still quite heavy after yesterday's ride.

    Tonight, we will be joined by the members of Group 2 as we share a meal together at the Warrnambool Bowls Club. It will be a good chance to share stories and advice.
    Read more