Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Zell to Kues

    September 12, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    The early morning was comfortably cool as we set off on the 45 km ride to Kues. The milder weather was very welcome, as was the fact that the ride closely followed the river for the entire ride.

    Along the way we passed through Traban Trabach. While it was undeniable that the city was picture perfect in just about every detail, I could not help but wonder how authentic the place really was. It seems that these places have been recreated specifically for the bustling tourist trade. Every such "recreated" city has the daily influx of busloads of elderly, camera toting tourists, all eager to make the walk from their bus to the waiting tourist train which would take them through the town. It is all a bit too much like Disneyland for me.

    We battled our way through the centre of the city, fighting to wheel our bikes through the solid mass of people. It felt like I was taking my bike to the MCG on Grand Final Day.

    After leaving Traban Trabach, we continued to Kues, arriving at 12.30 pm. We found ourselves ahead of all the others (apart from David, who had ridden non stop without stopping to see anything at all). We then waited on the side of the Moselle for the Olympia to arrive at around 2 pm.
    Read more