Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Tete Jaune allure... it's magic

    May 5, 2018 in Canada ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    Have you heard of 'compassion fatigue'? Well Sheree and I have coined mountain fatigue” - a new phenomenon coined from the tiredness we felt from too many peaks. We’ve experienced it before in New Zealand. There is so much awe and wonder in the Rockies.

    We needed a break so we headed west, crossed the Alberta BC border, and entered Fraser River territory again. Despite escaping the main mountains we saw the Rockies' tallest Mt Robson @ 3945m.

    Our blessings continued when we discovered a newly opened RV Park right on the banks of the Fraser. Afternoon sunshine caressed cafe guests sitting on the deck. Green grass, well-maintained grounds, picnic tables, all backdropped by snow-capped mountains.... we're staying here!

    The next day was Canadian heaven, springtime in the Rockies. It was hard to imagine snow everywhere only a month ago. Leaves were budding on the trees, grass growing, hummingbirds had buzzing around, Canadian geese squawking from the river, and the silence was the foundation of all this activity.

    As I sit and write this the sun is shining after zero overnight. Stark white mountain peaks contrast the buds, birds are singing, geese are honking, a train’s whistle blows and the ever-present sound of moving water creates a Sunday morning. Peace reigns!
    Read more