Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6 - Noce with the Bel Airs

    July 1, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Today we went to Des Moines from New Glarus. I’ve never even stepped foot in Iowa so it was exciting. Going there we saw almost nothing for a few hours. In a small town we stopped at a place called Milio’s which we quickly discovered is exactly like Jimmy Johns. In fact it essentially was, being that it’s owned by Jimmys cousin.

    We stayed with a friend of Doug’s who made us some smoked pork. We got to the gig early and loaded in (they actually had backline). We only had to place a 75 minute set which was great. The sound was iffy; the bass wasn’t very present and the guitar extremely present. This was good for anytime there wasn’t a guitar solo.

    The guys in the Bel-Airs were really good. Mike had a sparse shuffle that was really nice feeling. They were incredibly nice guy and we chatted with them for a bit after the show. At the end they had us join them (except me...it’s hard to accommodate two drummers).

    We went back to where we are staying andante more food. They made popcorn for us and Andrew and I ate it almost instantly. Tomorrow we head to Beloit, Wisconsin to play with Dave Potter (and hopefully Madison Slim).
    Read more