Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15 - Abilene

    July 10, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Today we woke up super early and drove about 45 minutes to Rochester. We stopped first at a Tim Hortons and got some food. We arrived at the Abilene early and picked up the club owner to do a radio show. We were all interviewed on the show and played some tunes (Mama Didn’t Raise No Fool, Only Time Will Tell, and Saturday Night Fish Fry). We left and dropped the owner off.

    To kill some time we tried to find a place to sit around. We went to some waterfall then tried to find a local Jason’s Deli. Apparently my phone didn’t know none existed and took us to a “Masons Deli.” We at some point went to a vintage guitar shop where Andrew got a 100 dollar parlour. I got a super cheap harmonica and a grip strengthener. The harmonica sucks.

    We then went to eat at Dinosaur BBQ. It kind of sucked. But at least the cornbread was good. We finally hit up the club after going to a gas station and we loaded in. It was a really nice room but not super great turnout. We played our show and quickly packed up as we needed to get two hours away.

    We drove and got some snacks and drove to a “Microtel” in Pennsylvania somewhere. I was absolutely exhausted and quickly took a bed. I come out of the bathroom and get in and Andrew claims he claimed it. Oh well 😂

    Now we are heading to Richmond, VA to
    open up for Nick Moss. Should be a fun show!
    Read more