Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    base camp!

    September 26, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    We are going with bus to basecamp. In total it was a drive of 4 hours and on the map of Australia is only 1mm. Australia is so big! We had to order alcoholic drinks before we arrived so they could get it from the store, $35 for 24 bottles of beer! So expensive here.

    After we arrived we had to share a bungalow with 4 rooms and 24 sleeping places. It is here in nature, so much better than Sydney. Everyone whant to had a drink with the pizza. And it was raining so badly,nobody would run 100m to get the beer out of the van. Really! Today almost half day of rain and real hard rain. This is Australia why all the rain?. But finally we had the beer and did some games with a great group. After a while some people were tired and they get to bed. With the others we did go to the beach, it was very pretty with all the stars and the sound of the sea.

    Monday we had to get early out of bed. Like 6 a clock and have breakfast. We went to the sand dunes here and went sandboarding. That was really a awsome experience!. We went to the dunes with some sick jeeps. And to get there we had an great off-road experience. On the way back we drove next to the sea on the beach. After we got back we left again for a 30 minute hike up the mountain with an incredible view!!

    In the afternoon we had time off and went together to the beach, the weather was nice, sunny and 24 degrees. I tried to surf but couldn't get in the board. So I'll have to learn it at surfcamp.
    Read more