Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Is it Monday?

    October 3, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Really nice to chill (as in relax, it was scorching) yesterday. We spent the late afternoon on the beach, the sun was low, behind the encircling palms, so it was shady with a cooling breeze. Col dipped completely, I dipped feet. Lovely way to end our rest day.

    Camp observations: the rigs here (the word caravan hardly suits, as it bring to mind our modest UK vans) range from huge to absolutely bloody enormous. (Matty barely registers on the spectrum!)

    On one side we’ve got a lovely family, in a split level tent (I don’t get it) but it has a penthouse/platform bed. They have a boat, and caught loads of fish yesterday.

    On the other side, we have a double family group, massive rigs, kids toys & bikes everywhere. We had to ask them to move their huge jeep/lorry thing, when we arrived. On one side of the lorry there’s a sheet hanging, which becomes a projection screen for kids shows and last nights, Aussie rules football game! Very clever.

    They’re leaving today, and I saw them lifting a full, normal sized washing machine into the lorry! This isn’t just ‘kitchen sink’ packing!

    Update: they’re another permanently on the road family, hence having all their mod cons in tow.
    Read more