Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    Home sweet home!

    November 19, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 0 °C

    All of our luggage arrived home at the same time we did. There is snow in Calgary, and in a way, it feels welcome. After visiting places that rarely, if ever get snow, it is comforting to see a white blanket covering the dust and grime that surrounds us. Snow even muffles the sound and home is very quiet even compared to Bhutan.

    This was a great trip, but both Dianne and I noticed we are not as resilient as we were 10 years ago. India is as colourful and vibrant as it always was, but the sounds and multitudes of people can be challenging. Meeting people from different places and cultures is still the best part of travelling. We find we have more in common with others than differences when you think about family and friendships.
    We had excellent travel partners with Liz and Alan, and everyone remained pretty healthy as we journeyed which makes for easy times.
    Nepal turned out to be even more engaging than I imagined, and I was thinking it would be great. There is a good chance e will return to Nepal. Bhutan is the only country that measures its Gross National Happiness, and uses it as a measure of success. They also claim to be the only carbon negative country in the world.

    That all being said, I have to get busy with my granddaughter and build a deer for Christmas.
    Read more