Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    We have arrived!

    May 19, 2022 in Ecuador ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    After a 2 hour flight we breezed through the health check stop and vaccine proof, the passport check to be greeted by our luggage already on the carousel waiting for us.
    Now that is efficiency! The cab was a mere $6 and we were at the hotel!
    It is raining but warm, humid and promises to improve. It did take some time to get to our rooms as we arrived shortly after 10 am. Since then it has been an afternoon nap, reading by the pool and a pleasant dinner with our travel companions Liz and Alan. Tomorrow’s itinerary is still up for discussion at breakfast mañana!

    About the his & hers bed…here is the story.
    Dianne had recently read in our trip brochure that if you want one bed instead of two, you should mention it upon check in to the various accommodations we will be using. Forgetting that we had ordered a king size bed for our extra night before the official tour begins, Dianne made a point while I was checking in and said “don’t forget, we need a double bed!”
    Catherine, who was checking us in, seemed surprised, but looked at availability and said She could get it arranged in about an hour. She is also thinking Dianne must be pretty tired of this guy if after spending the last day with him, she wants her own bed instead of the king size originally asked for. On top of all this, my credit card was declined, and Dianne had to use hers to pay for the room. Now Catherine is sure that I am a kept man who doesn’t know how the please his keeper.
    We have a room with two double beds, while Liz and Alan languish in the luxury of one king size bed, two big chairs and a large footrest at the end of that huge bed.
    Read more