Satellite
  • Day 51

    Vienna - a full day here

    October 22, 2019 in Austria ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    The apartment is in a great spot with about a 25/30 minute walk to a lot of the sights. Up a bit late as I had a late night trying to fix a Qantas booking. We booked our flights to come home leaving Paris on 6th Dec with a 4 night stop over in Tokyo. Unfortunately I booked Anne as Francia Francia (instead of Anne Francia) ☹️. Was on hold to Qantas over 2 hours waiting to be answered. I was just about to hang up when they answered - it took about 3 minutes to get it changed (maybe Alan Joyce should give up some of his salary to employ some more staff!!).

    Vienna is also a great place with lots to see - churches, parks and squares. Hard to believe it’s late October (well and truly into autumn) and the weather is still so warm and sunny - I think it got to about 25 degrees today.

    Anne and I were having a walk around and we got slightly separated and I ended up practically/accidentally joining a walking tour. I was listening to the guide talk about a building when I tapped Anne on the shoulder and told to to look up at a small bridge that connected a couple of buildings over a small lane way. When Anne turned around to look at me, it turned out to be a 90 year old Asian lady - ahh well, she was about the same height as Anne so anyone would have made the same mistake. Neither Anne or the lady in question were amused!!!!
    Read more