Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 67

    Free Day in Bangkok

    18. marts 2017, Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 34 °C

    We arrived off the night train in Bangkok at about 8:30 am and thankfully our rooms at the Wild Orchard were ready for us!! I roomed with Jess again and we napped for a few hours before rejoining the real world, as did the rest of our group.

    When we got up we met up randomly with a bunch of other group members who had also napped, had some lunch, and decided that'd we'd go explore the MBK Center, an 8 storey shopping mall. It was about 45 min away by taxi thanks to traffic and we spent a few hours exploring. I didn't buy much, just one pair of shorts, but it was nice to spend some time with the group. Our tuk Tuk ride back to the hotel was terrifying. Weaving in and our of traffic at insane speeds, grazing between cars, just nuts. Welcome to Bangkok!

    After returning from the mall we had some time to shower and then meet the group for our last official family dinner! And to celebrate Holly's birthday. We went to an Indian restaurant and overindugled it was great. We then took the long way to Khao San Road to continue the festivities... When I say long way I mean that we hit up a number of 711's to shotgun beers before having to pay more for drinks. It was a fun evening! We laughed, we danced, we played tricks on each other, got some good Smirnoff Ice's going, just having a blast. I have yet to be iced on this trip but I'm sure that'll change.... At some point the group decided to leave the party and we went back to the hotel where we continued to hang out in the lobby for another hour or so just having fun!
    Læs mere