Satellite
  • Day 7

    Athens

    April 10, 2017 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Our hotel did free breakfast but we were both just so exhausted we slept through til 11 because checkout was at 12 not 10! woo!!
    We asked the hotel to order us a taxi which we caught to our next Bnb. It only cost 7€. Our host is so beautiful. She gave us a full-on 30 minute orientation to her house and how to get around she offered us a home made sweet that I had in one mouthful and oh my did I regret it. In Greece there is this citrus fruit I can't remember the name of but it is more sour than a lemon so they only cook the skin. It was horrible. Will didn't even touch his. Don't blame him even though it was rude.
    Our host made up this big booklet which has maps and is info, it's really cute. After our orientation we went for a walk in search for breakfast/lunch. We found this place were they were the friendliest Greeks I have yet encountered. The man was so loud and happy and enthusiastic about us trying his coffee and pizza. Both were great - or so Will said the coffee was.
    "42 years the receipt has not changed" he kept telling us about his pizza.
    We nearly walked out with out paying by habit because they expect you to pay after and not before which we are use to so we ran back in and apologized. We then went to a little convenience store and stocked up on local chips etc. we fist ate this DELICIOUS peanut butter flavored chip balls. Amazing! :)
    We then had a 3 hour nap...
    we are now trying to go get dinner but can't for the life of us figure out how to open the front door. So we are waiting...
    30 minutes past and we thought we would give it one last try before accepting the fact we would have to share a snickers bar for dinner.
    We did it! :)
    Will doesn't know what he did, I think it was by accident but I don't care, we're free :D

    We tried locating an ATM but again they avoid electronic money like nothing else so we failed which meant we ended up at dominos. I got a Greek salad because I'm in Greece ^.^
    I did my first weekly Facebook update and uploaded some pictures. We're now lying in bed watching shawshank redemption.
    Earlier I send a very long email to the Italian consulate asking them to explain and review our tour and previous Bnbs :)
    I'm pretty excited to skype my parents, do washing and go to the Olympic stadium tomorrow :)
    Read more