Satellite
  • Day 235

    Transit

    November 24, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    7:45 start yuck.
    Packed up then left.

    Lucky our taxi driver doesn't speak English. We tried to say we will pay 2000Lek then he got out a roll of cash to show it would cost 1500... done - lock it in! Hahaha

    Nevermind. Will tipped him...I had a small hissyfit about it. stop spending my money lol.

    Boy oh boy, what a morning!

    We first got some food then went to check in.

    The lady was like sorry there is a problem with your names - this company only lets you fly if all your names are included on the booking - it didn't have our middle names listed - It cost SIXTY EURO EACH to fix.
    Will stormed over to the help desk lol
    It's absolutely bloody ridiculous because for starters that more that our ticket to begin with...
    secondly - it said name NOT names online - I rechecked. there was also no middle name section.

    Stupid fine print.

    Never have we needed our middle names before if it hadnt asked for them
    And THEN THEY PRINTED THE TICKETS AND OUR MIDDLE NAMES DIDN'T EVEN FIT ANYWAY.

    Expedia and the company shall be recieving an email tonight.

    Total money grab.

    We went trough customs and I beeped so I got swabbed for drugs - I know I'm clean and yet you still panic someone has touched you lol. The lady did such a unnecessarily thorough frisk.

    My bag then got pulled aside and I had to go through it with a lady.

    Very full on.

    We boarded the plane and shock horror Will didn't fit very well.
    We are so tired so it was an uncomfortable 2 hours.
    We arrived in Milan and it took us an hour to get through Customs. We were getting very worked up. We didn't mind the standing and waiting but all the Albanians from our plane and Macedonians from another were shoving us and standing on our feet. Everyone was pushing and shoving - it was like watching year 2s line up for lunch.

    We got in without a hassle to my EXTREME RELIEF.
    He must have had an automatic Schengen calculation on his screen because he didn't question us. All he said was Aussie Aussie Aussie.
    He stamped next to our awkward, unused Visas.

    Wills bag we found next to the carousel and not on it ?

    Yayaayyayaya we made it!!!!!

    I bought us tickets on the shuttle bus - 5€ for an hour journey so that's terrific- better than a taxi!!

    I had a mini nap on the way.

    Considering what we are paying our hostel is a total hole.
    so many things don't work and it has an unnecessary security barrier gate thing - the ones that wind...
    The keycard doesn't work so they have to scan you in anyway?

    Uhm? The toilets have working hours hahahaha
    You can't use the toilet in the hall during the night. Instead you must exit through the windy gate and go to a completely different side of the building.
    Good job.

    There was like a huggeeee party walking out as we arrived. They would have had over 200 beers and a massive funnel.
    They spoke German. Of course... always the bloody Germans who are so loud and rude. At least they are not in our dorm and it's a 24 hour reception so if they come back and are ass hats I have someone to go complain to haha

    We went to McDonalds because we are tired and it's next door. We will explore tomorrow. It's 6:15 and we are both In bed.

    Wifi doesn't reach our bedroom and I have a top bunk again 😓😓😓

    Cute circle rainbow happened around our plane shadow. Photo doesn't look as cool.

    Everyone was so loud so we only rested rather than slept.
    Some old 55+ year old man has come in and hasn't even made his bed. He smells. This is why hostels get bed bugs. He looks as if he has brought a few.
    Another lady came in and she didn't stay. She was high class Milan fashion and I don't think this place was quite to her tastes hhaha
    Read more