Satellite
  • Day 236

    Milan

    November 25, 2017 in Italy ⋅ 🌫 8 °C

    I think i might have said this before.... 🤔🤔🤔😓
    we were kept awake by inconsiderate German asswipes.
    5-7am was a continuous cycle of them singing at the top of their lungs then them getting shushed then 5 mins later they would start again.
    We slept terribly because of them and the snoring old guy in our room. 😪

    We walked 3.5km to Duomo - Milan cathedral. The floors are covered in grates which were really slippery because it was raining. The umbrellas everywhere made it so hard to walk and even harder for Will because all the umbrella spikes are at his eye level lol
    On our travels we saw some interesting "fashion" items for sale. I've uploaded my favourite shoe.
    Isn't it just disgusting?
    Probably $3000.

    The Cathedral was beautiful. We didn't go in because the line was over 100m but we still enjoyed it. It's the 3rd biggest in the world I believe. Gothic styled.
    We then went walking through Galleria Vittorio Emanuele ll. It was a very nice gallery full of all the expensive brands no one can afford like Prada, Louis Viton* , etc.
    The gallery had a Christmas tree in the middle.
    I liked the tiles on the floor. Colorful.

    We then kept walking on to Sforza castle. It was nothing special. Will reckons it reminds him more of a military training area. We then walked straight through it and into
    Parco Sempione - a beautiful park - it was soooo misty! Spooky.
    I petted a very wet Labrador on the way 🤗 his dad was Embarrassed lol
    At the end of the park is an arch called the Arco della Pace. Standard arch but still very nice.
    We had an argument over the Roman numeral dates... turned out we were looking at the different ones lol.
    "ITS AN L" "NO ITS A V"
    Heh 😏
    We then walked back. Our backs were killing us.
    We found a decathlon store and popped inside. Looks like that's where we will be buying our winter stuff. Excellent prices.
    The walk nearly killed me. I got the giggles. It was just so far away.
    At least I was toasty.

    Finally got home and I nearly cried with relief haha we just sat in the kitchen for an hour doing nothing. It was wonderful.
    It was then I realised I have lost another key card. My bad hahah 😅😓😅😓😅😓
    Hopefully we aren't charged. Not like it works anyway lol

    Eventually we got up and went to dinner. I had some womderful pasta but stupid Italy has this resturant tax and so we got charged another 3€ for no good reason.
    Having to pay $4.50 extra for "service" when I had to go to the counter to pay because everyone was ignoring us is not the type of thing I like paying for.

    We went home and we booked our accommodation for a snow field in Austria 🤗 it had gone up 75€ in like 3 days so lucky we checked.
    Haven't figured out how to get there but we will figure it out.
    It cost us $1100 for 6 nights.
    We will only be on the snow 4 days though.

    I then went on workaway and have made an enquiry for a place in France. They need someone to house sit and care for their ELEVEN dogs in February. Will said yes as long as I pick up every poo. I agreed. That will be alottttt of poop though hhaha
    We'll see what they say. They might already have someone.

    We went out for a walk to a supermarket and got some fruit.
    They had plums to my great joy.
    The selection from Eastern Europe has notably improved.

    Oh oh oh we saw a guy walking around in an astronaut suit several times today.
    He wasn't working or attached to a business or anything like that.
    It was very odd haha

    We also walked past where they are filing X factor. Indont recognize a single judge but cool.
    The road had barricades.

    Back to beautiful buildings 💕
    Read more