Satellite
  • Day 347

    Galleries and the best view of Melbourne

    June 28, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    No vacation is complete without a visit to the local galleries or museums, especially if they are free.
    There are actually heaps of those in Melbourne and we started the day of with a visit do. the Australian Centre of the Moving Image. The centre contains a lot of information on technology regarding video games, global broadcasting, movies and moviemaking in general.
    They have a few games that you can actually play when you visit and of course Bente an I just had to play Mario Cart against each other. After eight races (oops) Bente came in first place and I in second and we continued our journey through the exhibition.
    A lot of the things on display were interactive such as the lightbox that turned your shadow into a monster or the really dark room where you could "touch" the beam of light.
    We walked over to the National Gallery of Victoria which had a really interesting exhibition on Bill Henson's photography. Apart from that we enjoyed the contemporary art especially the chair that resembled a killer whale (come on IKEA you can do it).
    For dinner we got picked up by Robyn (so nice to see her again💕) and we drove to the Vegie Bar in Fitzroy. I am going to miss all the amazing vegetarian restaurants here. It was quite hard to decide on what to get but in the end I decided on a Buddha Bowl which was really yummy and after that we shared a Nutella Donut from across the road.
    After dinner we went to a rooftop bar (Naked for Satan) to get some amazing views of Melbourne's skyline at night.
    It was definitely worth it and such a great ending to the evening. 💕
    Thanks Robyn for taking us to those great places 💕
    Read more