Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 40

    Sydney AUS Feb 17th

    17. februar, Australien ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    Arrived in Sydney Australia at 6 am this morning. Can't wait to see all the sights here. Our ship docked just next to the Sydney Opera House in the heart of Sydney on the coast. We got up early to experience the sunrise and arrival at Sydney Harbor, the Opera House, Sydney Bridge and the city in the background.
    Out for an all day excursion into the Blue Mountains. There was a long bus ride to get there, but the sights were, again, amazing. We stopped for a photo op at the 'Three Sisters' rock formation. Then went to Scenic World park and took a cable car ride across the gorge to the other side of the mountain range to see and walk to Katoomba Falls Then a gondola ride down to the bottom to walk in the rain forest . All this up in the air stuff really set off Scott's fear of heights, but he made it through the experience. Last was a funicular train ride back up to the top on the steepest train in the world. It was sort of like a roller coaster, just almost straight up the mountain and we were seated facing out into the gorge.
    We walked around on the town during a stop on the way back to the ship. We found a hand crafted shop of local art and found a Christmas ornament bell.
    Once back at the ship we saw that the streets were closed off and filled with vendors. It is Saturday and at the end of day, so we will visit them again tomorrow when we have more free time during the day. Scott did find some Habanero Hot Sauce sold by a lady from Jamaica. The ship has no decent hot sauce, so this will come in handy. I'm sure we will find more stuff to purchase tomorrow as we browse through the vendors again...
    Læs mere