Satellite
  • Day 68

    Day 5 - Negative

    September 30, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌙 11 °C

    Well as per today's heading we received 2 forms slipped under our door to let us know that we both tested negative. Although we were sure we would be negative, there was that small anxious thought that we had picked up germs somewhere. But now we can safely plan our departure next week and will be confident that our next test on Day 12 will be negative also.

    Day 5 started with a stroll around the hotel entrance before breakfast. Then work for both of us. Back in Heidelberg I would walk during my management meeting so today I did the same back down at the hotel entrance. But today this area was party central. One of our fellow inmates always has his Bluetooth speaker playing music which is great. We call him Bob as he wears a Bob Marley beanie. He has picked up a few smoking mates so today there was a real party happening. I was on mute a lot anyway so not too much music was streamed back to Oz.

    We have moved the furniture. Yes its only one room but it's possible. We now have the desk in front of the TV so we can use the screen on our laptops more comfortably. The TV cabinet which is obviously part of a ships anchor was moved out of the way. We will move it back before we leave. We sent our first load of laundry away today. We get 40 pieces of clothing washed for free and then we are charged after that. Fresh towels, teabags, and dishwashing detergent arrived at our request. And a coffee of course. The service here is really good. The hotel workers need to count their steps as they never stop and always say hi.
    Read more