Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    Housekeeping day

    August 14, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    This morning we headed to Darwin early. The ute was booked in for a new windscreen at 9am. While we waited for the job to be finished we had breakfast, collected my new debit card from the post office and picked up some more reading material (thanks Vinnies). Next was the dentist for Regan, he had been struggling with some nerve pain for a few days and was thankful to get an appointment today. Once again the day was warm and the walk to and from the car was hot.

    Luckily it was just some nerve sensitivity and the dentist managed to place a protective coating over the sore spot. He will need to be a bit softer when he cleans his teeth and a relief to know it was nothing more serious. While I waited I treated myself to a pedicure (my feet were far from pretty after 6 weeks in jandals) and stocked up the groceries.

    We also completed our WA border application while we had consistent internet, they came back immediately as approved. I then started to book some caravan sites assuming we get to cross the border. We think the accomodation is going to be the challenge as plenty of our fellow travellers are extending their trips to avoid heading home to NSW.

    No photos today so have loaded up some more from our adventures in Litchfield. Tomorrow we are leaving early to try and secure a camp site at Edith Falls. We suspect the internet could be sporadic for the next few days so if your breakfast routine is to read our blog please don't be too disappointed. Haha.
    Read more