Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 59

    Onward to Broome

    August 24, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Easy drive this morning across to Broome (220km). We arrived at midday and I was very excited to see the Indian Ocean again, we found the camp ground but could not check in until 2pm, so lunch was in the caravan on the street outside the camp in line with a few other caravans all waiting.

    We checked in and organised the caravan in a very tight site, Regan did very well. We found Di and Trevor and arranged to meet up later for dinner. We did a drive around the town and stopped at the visitor centre for more brochures.

    Next on the hit list was Cable beach, somewhere we have always wanted to see. It did not disappoint, a flat white beach with a calm blue sea. The beach was busy with swimmers, 4WD vehicles to the north and the camel trains were ready for their sunset tours. We both paddled and then I went for a swim which was fabulous.

    We walked up the beach, saw Di and Trevor take off on their camel ride and then sat down to watch the sun drop in the ocean. After a shower we met Di and Trevor again to go to the Mangrove hotel for dinner. The hotel was heaving as they had a special show with music for the Staircase to the Moon, More on that in tomorrow’s blog. We had a delicious dinner when it finally arrived and it was a nice way to say goodbye to them. They head off south tomorrow and we are staying up in this area for a few more days so won’t catch up again.
    Julie is still suffering from the midge attack from 2 days ago. The sea water will definitely help with the use of quite a few medications for relief.
    Read more