Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 60

    Broome Day 2

    25 de agosto de 2021, Austrália ⋅ 🌙 22 °C

    Leisurely for us checking out the Broome shops in the morning. The town area has had a recent revamp with roads and footpaths. It is very much a tourist town with a few cafes and a lot of womens clothing stores. Back to the camp for a swim at the town beach. It's a safe beach but we didn’t go out too deep. There were a few others swimming already so we felt safer.

    Later in the day we went searching for a place called the 'Bingle Bingles'. As we missed seeing the 'Bungle Bungles ' a few days back we had to find these. A drive down a 4wd sandy track and we were at Reddell Beach. The Bingles are the cliffs along the beach we believe. Further along the sand track was Gantheaume Point lighthouse. The rocky point juts out into the Indian Ocean which has a colour all of its own.

    The camp had live music this evening so we grabbed a few drinks and joined a few others at the BBQ area to finish the day. This camp is located right on a beach front so the 'staircase to the moon' was viewed without needing to walk far. Broome is famous for this phenomenon and occurs each full moon when the moon rises over the mudflats at low tide.
    Leia mais